LEXAR PARTNERS WITH NO. 10
Lexar Partners with Chip Ganassi Racing and Dario Franchitti in Brazil and Baltimore
Primary Sponsorship on Franchitti’s No.10 Honda Beginning in Sao Paulo this Weekend
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 25, 2012) – Target Chip Ganassi Racing (TCGR) and Lexar announced today a partnership that will see two primary paint schemes for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series season on the No. 10 Honda of Four-time and Defending INDYCAR Champion and Two-time Indianapolis 500 Winner Dario Franchitti.
The No.10 Lexar Honda will debut this weekend in the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 on the streets of Sao Paulo on Sunday, April 29 (12:00 PM ET, NBC Sports Network), with the second paint scheme coming later in the season at the Baltimore Grand Prix on the streets of Baltimore on Sunday, September 2 (2:00 PM ET, NBC Sports Network).
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• Lexar. When Memory Matters.™ Lexar boasts one of the most comprehensive offerings of memory product lines in the industry. Delivering high-quality, award-winning memory solutions, including USB flash drives, all popular form factors of memory cards, and innovative backup drives, Lexar products are backed with outstanding customer support and industry-leading warranties. With more than 10 years of experience in the memory industry, the Lexar brand has long been synonymous with reliability and high performance.
• Franchitti at Brazil: In two career starts at Sao Paulo, Franchitti has one pole, one top-five finish and has led 29 laps. His pole at the 2.536-mile street circuit came in the inaugural 2010 event, his highest finish came last year when he crossed the line fourth and he has an average starting and finishing position of 3.5 and 5.5, respectively. Since 1990, when the team was formed, TCGR has made 193 starts on street courses earning 20 wins, 13 poles, 49 podiums and five double podiums. The team also has 73 top-five finishes (37.8%) and 110 top-10 finishes (56.9%). Out of a possible 16,904 laps, they have led 1,451, or 8.5% of the total laps run on street courses since 1990.
• King of the Streets: Franchitti has participated in 62 street course races in his career, earning 11 victories, nine poles, 24 podiums and 31 top-fives. He has completed 4,616 of the 5,440 laps run on street courses and has led 761 laps, or 13.9% of all the laps completed on street courses dating back to 1997.
Saul Matthews, worldwide marketing director, Lexar Media
• “The Lexar brand, Chip Ganassi Racing, and its all-star driver, Dario Franchitti, are similar in that our names are synonymous with superior performance, high speeds, and reliability. We are excited to join forces with this team and to watch Dario drive his way to a winning season.”
Steve Lauletta, president, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams:
• “Lexar has been a great partner with Ganassi for over 10 years and we couldn’t be more proud to have their colors on the No. 10 for a couple of races this year – in Brazil and Baltimore. It is always encouraging when a big brand like theirs sees that both our team and the IndyCar Series is a good platform to help market their brand. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Lexar in the years to come.”