LEXAR AND TCGR TEAM UP AGAIN IN BALTIMORE
Lexar and Target Chip Ganassi Racing Team Up Again in Baltimore
Lexar Primary Sponsorship Returns on Franchitti’s No.10 Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (August 28, 2012) – Target Chip Ganassi Racing (TCGR) and Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, will continue their partnership in Baltimore this weekend with the second of two primary paint schemes for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series season on the No. 10 Honda of Four-time and Defending INDYCAR Champion and Three-time Indianapolis 500 Winner Dario Franchitti.
The No.10 Lexar Honda debuted earlier this year in the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 in April, where Franchitti started on the front row and finished fifth. The second paint scheme will be seen at the Baltimore Grand Prix on the streets of Baltimore on Sunday, September 2 (2:00 PM ET, NBC Sports Network).
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• Franchitti at Baltimore: In one career start at Baltimore, Franchitti has a top-five finish and two laps led. At the 2011 Baltimore Grand Prix, Franchitti started and finished fourth. Since 1990, when the team was formed, TCGR has made 212 starts on street courses earning 23 wins, 19 poles, 55 podiums and eight double podiums. The team also has 81 top-five finishes (38.2%) and 122 top-10 finishes (57.5%). Out of a possible 18,658 laps, they have led 1,761, or 9.4% of the total laps run on street courses since 1990.
• King of the Streets: Franchitti has participated in 66 street course races in his career, earning 11 victories, 10 poles, 26 podiums and 34 top-fives. He has completed 4,909 of the 5,735 laps run on street courses and has led 794 laps, or 13.8% of all the laps completed on street courses dating back to 1997.
• Making History: Franchitti is a four-time IZOD IndyCar Series Champion, bringing home titles in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011. He is tied for seventh on the all-time wins list with 31 and holds sole possession of eighth on the all-time poles list with 29.
Saul Matthews, worldwide marketing director, Lexar:
• “Partnering with Chip Ganassi Racing offers the Lexar brand a unique opportunity to get in front of an audience who appreciates and understands the need for high speeds, reliability, and superior performance. We’re excited to once again join forces with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and cheer on Dario as he nears the end of another successful season.”
Steve Lauletta, president, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams:
• “Lexar has been a great partner with Ganassi for over 10 years and we couldn’t be more proud to have their colors on the No. 10 for a second time this season. Dario scored one of his series-best eight front-row starts in Brazil with Lexar on the car and we hope to add to that and more in Baltimore. Thanks to everyone at Lexar for their continued support of our team.”