CONCORD, N.C. (June 15, 2016) – Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today that they have partnered with JACOB Companies (JACOB), on the No. 00 Ford Fiesta ST, driven by series veteran Steve Arpin. JACOB will be the primary sponsor on the No. 00 Ford Fiesta ST for the Red Bull Global Rallycross (RBGRC) double-header this weekend at Daytona International Speedway (DIS) and will continue as an associate partner on the car for the remainder of the 2016 RBGRC season.
Although the Florida-based JACOB Companies will make their first appearance as a sponsor in RBGRC racing, they are involved in other partnerships in racing, including recently signing a multi-year agreement to be the title sponsor of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Dover Speedway.
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Rising High: Did you know that some of the high rise projects that JACOB Companies specializes in creating include hotels, hospitals, car dealerships and some recognizable sports venues, such as MetLife Stadium, Gillette Stadium and Sun Life Stadium; home to the Miami Dolphins, which recently announced the newly upgraded facility will host the Super Bowl in 2020.
- Global Rallycross Success: Steve Arpin has 31 career starts in RBGRC where he has three podium finishes and nine heat wins including a season best runner-up finish at the most recent event in Dallas, TX. Arpin is currently ranked fourth in the series point standings headed to the “World Center of Racing” in Daytona Beach. Arpin also captured the Silver Medal in the 2015 ESPN X Games Austin in RallyCross.
- Daytona Legacy: Chip Ganassi is one of the most successful owners in motorsports history and his accomplishments at Daytona International Speedway are unrivaled. Ganassi’s Daytona victories include: Brumos Porsche 250, Can-Am Qualifying Race, Daytona 500, and six times he has won the most prestigious endurance race in the United States, the Rolex 24 At Daytona. This weekend Ganassi can build on his legacy at the “World Center of Racing”, by winning races at Daytona in three different series (IMSA, NASCAR & RBGRC).
- Don Perry, President, JACOB Companies: JACOB Companies is excited to have the opportunity to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing and Steve Arpin this season. CGR and Steve Arpin exemplify the foundation of our business which was built on respect, hard work, perseverance and dedication. Their excitement and enthusiasm for the sport compliments the way we feel, not only about GRC, but about our construction projects as well. Steve is just the kind of individual we want to represent and act as an ambassador for our company. We can’t wait to see him in the Winner’s Circle!”
- Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: "We are happy to bring JACOB Companies on as a partner in our GRC program. The program provides a great platform for all of us to work side by side to help them meet their marketing goals. We all look forward to Daytona”.
- Steve Arpin, Driver No. 00 JACOB Companies Ford Fiesta ST: “We couldn’t be more excited to have JACOB Companies on board. In the short amount of time that I’ve spent with folks from JACOB, I have come to find that it is a perfect fit for our team. JACOB is a family and I feel that aligns well with our organization’s values. I look forward to doing great things together”.
About JACOB Companies
JACOB Companies is a nationwide multifaceted construction firm with a focus on construction, design, development and technology services. JACOB provides clients with a wide range of design and technical support services in construction management, design build, architectural and structural precast erection and a broad spectrum of technology, installation and information transport systems including structured cabling, low voltage, life safety, security, network service delivery and wireless solutions. JACOB specializes in High Rise Structures, Universities, Hotels, Automotive Dealerships, Athletic Facilities both Professional and Collegiate, and Parking Structure and Data Centers. JACOB Companies is dedicated to serving and supporting its clients and the communities in which it operates by providing superior customer service, innovative solutions and a collaborative approach while generously supporting local and national organizations.