MCMURRAY WINS THE 2014 SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE
May 18, 2014
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series held the Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS).
JAMIE McMURRAY WINS THE SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOR $1 MILLION DOLLAR PAYDAY
Results (with starting pos.) for the Sprint All-Star Race
1. (11) Jamie McMurray No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/National Wild Turkey Federation Chevrolet SS
2. (3) Kevin Harvick, No. 4 Chevrolet SS
3. (8) Matt Kenseth, No. 20 Toyota
Details of the Day
• McMurray started the final 10 lap segment from the second position and quickly passed the first place car to lead the final nine laps en route to a victory in the one-million-dollar-to-win All-Star Race
• Tonight was McMurray’s third win at CMS, including his first career win in just his second series start in Oct. 2002 and again in Oct. 2010
• McMurray lead three times for 31 laps throughout the five segments that made-up the 2014 Sprint All-Star Race
Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/National Wild Turkey Federation Chevrolet SS:
“This is just a really awesome moment. It's so much different than winning the Daytona 500 or the Brickyard because there are no points, and I think the mentality going into that last segment is just all or nothing, and that was my thought process. I am like, I don't really care if we wreck, I don't care what happens, I'm racing for a million dollars, I get to start on the front row and I'm going to make the very most out of the restart and everything that goes with this.”
Keith Rodden, Crew Chief Bass Pro Shops/National Wild Turkey Federation Chevrolet SS:
“It means a lot to finally get a win. I feel like this year we've been pretty good, we just need to get better, and I feel like we've been getting better on the track every week. Jamie did a great job tonight and the guys had a great final pit stop. We barely got beat out of the pit by the No. 99 (Carl Edwards). After the final restart on the outside we knew it would be tough. Those final 10 laps were amazing, but that race with Carl (Edwards) was really special. It is just special to win the Sprint All Star Race. It's nice to win it as a crew chief, and I’m looking forward to just carrying this momentum to winning some points races.