COTTONELLE AND CHERRY HEALEY HEAD TO DOVER WITH LARSON AND TEAM TARGET
May 28, 2014
CONCORD, N.C. (May 28, 2014)
Target Chip Ganassi Racing Welcomes Cottonelle® and Spokesperson Cherry Healey to Dover International Speedway
– Target Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (TCGRFS) is partnering with Kimberly-Clark brand Cottonelle to get the NASCAR community talking about their “bum’s” and the benefit of a complete bathroom pit stop. Cottonelle spokesperson and native of London, England, Cherry Healey, will be joining Team Target this weekend at the track to experience the fun and excitement of NASCAR up close and personal, as well as to spread the message about the benefits of using Cottonelle’s combination of toilet paper and Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths.Additionally, Cherry will be taking over the team’s twitter handle, @CGRTeams, for the start of the race to share her thoughts on all the action at the Monster Mile.
Cottonelle is the primary sponsor on the No. 42 Chevrolet SS for Sunday’s FedEx 400 at Dover International Speedway, and will be featured on the car along with an image of Cherry. Kyle Larson, driver of the No. 42 Cottonelle Chevrolet, and his pit crew, will be carrying the Cottonelle branding on their firesuits, in addition to the car, throughout the weekend in Dover, Del.
Notes of Interest:
• About Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths: Cottonelle’s Cleansing Cloths are part of a complete bathroom pit stop. When used with dry Cottonelle toilet paper, the wet cleansing cloths help users feel a clean so fresh it can only be Cottonelle. The Fresh Care Flushable Cleansing Cloths feature SafeFlush Technology that ensures the product will break down after flushing. The wet wipes are available in an upright, refillable dispenser with moisture lock seals to keep cloths fresh longer, as well as in a discrete, on-the-go soft pack. Cottonelle is a member of the Kimberly-Clark family of products.
Amanda O’Connor, Senior Brand Manager, Cottonelle:
• About Kimberly-Clark: Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, HUGGIES, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the Company's 142-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
• About Cherry Healey: A British documentary filmmaker, Cherry is at ease talking about bathroom habits and is here to help turn what can be an embarrassing topic into a beneficial and sometimes funny conversation about proper bum care. When Cherry became a mom, she received a crash course in caring for someone else’s bum, which made her think about her own bum care. Cherry has met with and informed all the Target Chip Ganassi Racing drivers on the proper techniques for keeping their “bumpers” clean, and is ready to have some fun by chatting with race fans about the dry-wet-dry regime at Facebook.com/Cottonelle.
• Larson on the Track: Kyle Larson currently sits 13th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) standings, and is currently leading the Rookie of the Year standings. Through 12 races this season, Larson has two top-five finishes and three top-10 finishes in NSCS races. He also has two wins in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS), as well as five other top-five finishes.
“Like a world-class pit crew, Cottonelle Toilet Paper and Flushable Cleansing Cloths are designed to work together to get you race-day ready. Cottonelle is excited to partner with Target and have its race team join our Spokesperson Cherry Healey. We’re looking forward to race-goers having a conversation with Cherry about how they can achieve a clean, fresh feeling with the Cottonelle Brand.”
Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: “We are always excited to bring members of the Target Racing family out to the track to see our teams and drivers execute on race day. Our drivers have had fun helping Cherry spread the message about the benefits of Cottonelle’s products, and we look forward to hosting her and Cottonelle at this weekend’s race.”
Kyle Larson, Driver No. 42 Cottonelle Chevrolet SS: “I’m really excited to have Cottonelle and Cherry on our race car in Dover, and as part of the Target race team. I met Cherry a few months ago and actually had fun talking to her about Cottonelle’s bathroom pit crew combination.”
About Chip Ganassi Racing
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and one Prototype in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Overall his teams have 17 championships and over 150 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, five Rolex 24 At Daytonas and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Penn.